Not everyone is happy with their smile or how their teeth look. This can have a major impact on a person’s confidence when it comes to interacting and socialising with others. Cosmetic dentistry is a field within general dentistry that focuses on the beauty of a smile and covers treatments that enhance, align, and whiten or tone the teeth for a more attractive appearance. This includes treatments such as porcelain veneers, white fillings, teeth whitening, orthodontics, clear braces, CEREC and dental implants. These treatments involve special techniques, equipment and a high level of skill from the dental team. We are proud to offer these to our patients here at the practice and have seen many a smile transformed under our roof. If you are embarrassed by your teeth it’s best to speak to your dentist, who can tell you more about the options available in a non-judgemental and empathetic environment and provide you with information about how these can affect your lifestyle while you are undergoing treatment.
Don’t hide your smile; allow us bring out its natural beauty with cosmetic dentistry.
Are your teeth stained, chipped, or not aligned on top of each other? Veneers are a good treatment option to consider because they look like natural teeth and don’t require a major procedure. Veneers can also be used to close small gaps when braces are not suitable. If one tooth is slightly out of position, a veneer can sometimes be fitted to bring it into line with the others. Here is how they work:
- A veneer is a very thin, tooth-coloured piece of porcelain (like a false finger nail, but more durable) that is bonded on top of your own tooth.
- Based on your needs, the shape and size of the veneers can be adjusted to make your teeth overall look longer and or closer together.
- You can have just one veneer fitted or a whole set, known as a smile makeover.
- Simple and quick solution to improve the cosmetic appearance of teeth.
- Long-lasting smile enhancement.
- Natural-looking restoration.
Composite bonding is an increasingly popular cosmetic dental treatment that is used to improve the shape, colour and overall appearance of patients’ teeth. It uses the same resin material used for white fillings, and is most frequently used on the front teeth – those that show when you smile.
There have been huge advances in the materials used in bonding dentistry in recent years, meaning composite bonding can be used for disguising minor imperfections in the front teeth, closing small gaps and hiding minor tooth rotations, with no damage to your teeth.
Composite bonding is a pain-free experience that requires, in most cases, just one visit to the practice. Your dentist will be able to choose a shade of resin that closely matches the colour of your teeth, meaning that the results will look entirely natural.
This is how the treatment works:
- Your dentist picks a shade of resin that matches the natural colour of your teeth.
- The resin is carefully applied to your teeth, with no need for any work or damage to them.
- Your dentist then carefully shapes and smooths the resin to hide any imperfections, for a result that looks entirely natural.
- Once the resin has been shaped, it is hardened very quickly with the help of a special light.
Although composite bonding treatment does not last as long as veneers, many patients find the treatment is highly cost-effective. It can also be repeated with no damage at all to your teeth.
- A natural, healthy smile that you are proud to show off.
- No preparation of your teeth is required, meaning they remain strong.
- Treatment can usually be completed in one short visit to the practice.